Callander is a popular destination synonymous with walking and access to beautiful places. However poor quality signage is a significant barrier to visitors wanting to explore the landscape. This projects seeks to address issues surrounding signage through the delivery of a coherent signage system. The signage strategy focuses on the most popular and accessible paths, drawing on key destinations and heritage sites which will benefit the local community and visitors.
Aims & Objectives
This project aims to:
- Deliver phase one of the signage strategy that was produced during the development phase of Callander’s Landscape.
- Install a variety of path signage infrastructure, including way markers and finger posts.
- Ensure signage is coherent, matches with printed visitor information and is connected to the interpretation plan.
- In spring 2021 the project team completed the initial surveying and audit work of path signage across the landscape area.
- GIS technology will be used to precisely plan out locations for the installation of new way markers and finger posts.