This project aims to improve an expansive area of parkland on the northern edges of Callander, bringing together natural and cultural heritage restoration and a number of opportunities for skills development and volunteering.
Aims & Objectives
The project will:
- Enhance the western entrance to Callander through construction of stone walling on the southern side of the A84. Built using traditional techniques, the restoration of this original feature will be in a similar style to the walling on the opposite side of the road;
- Install new railings and fencing along the A84;
- Restore a further 400 metres of stone walling in the parkland to the north of the A84;
- Restore the historic General Wade-style military bridge over the Leny Burn;
- Plant new trees in the Leny Parkland and remove windblown timber from Balameanoch Woodland.
- Grant funding secured for the restoration of the military bridge.
- Planning permission is currently being sought for the construction of stone walling along the A84 on the western entrance to Callander.