Coilhallan All Ability Trail
Coilhallan Wood is a mixed mature conifer and broadleaf woodland on the southwest boundary of Callander. Other surrounding trails in Callander can be steep and challenging for some users, however Coilhallan Woods provides another option and offers value for all outdoor users in a quiet and safe setting. With links to the National Cycle Network 7 (NCN7) and FABB (Facilitating Access Breaking Barriers) accommodation and accessible bike center nearby, Coilhallan provides a great location for an accessible trail suitable for wider access and enjoyment of this woodland environment.
Aims & Objectives
This project will:
- Create an access-for-all trail that will wind through the woodland.
- Provide signage, trail head information, interpretative panels and perch benches.
- Provide an informal accessible parking area, complete with signage identifying the space.
- Create a short path to connect to the Trossachs Tryst Hostel drive with the trailhead and potential path upgrades to connect to the Trossachs Caravan Park.
- We are currently working on the planning application to be submitted to the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Authority.