This project will catalogue and digitise the Callander Heritage Society’s archive of photographs, postcards and documents. The digital material will be made available for all to acess on a bespoke website, which will be managed by the Society. A group of local volunteers will be trained in data recording and IT skills to help support the ongoing management of the archive.
Aims & Objectives
This project will:
- Catalogue and digitise the Callander Heritage Society’s archive;
- Create a new and freely accessible online digital archive;
- Permanently rehome the physical archive;
- Train a group of local volunteers in data recording and IT skills.
- In January 2019, Historic Environment Scotland agreed to support this project as part of the wider HES Archaeology programme.
- A prototype of the digital archive website is due to be created in the Summer of 2020.
Partners include the National Lottery Heritage Fund Scotland, the Callander Heritage Society. Historic Environment Scotland, Stirling Council, and the Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park Authority.
News & blog
A week in the life of a Hospitality and Adventure Tourism Apprentice Our
There has been lots of look out for over the last few weeks,
Callander is home to many iconic Scottish species, which includes our native red