Join us for our volunteer day in the lower Crags woods. We will be helping with some general woodland management tasks including cutting back encroaching vegetation, path maintenance and monitoring our rhododendron control. All activities will be run by a leader and full instruction and supervision will be provided. No experience needed. Anyone under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
We will have a Covid-19 risk assessment in place alongside the task risk assessment, which will be emailed to volunteers along with the joining instructions for the day. Some general guidance is guidance is included in the PDF document below.
Please remember that is up to each individual to decide if volunteering is appropriate for you at this time. We want everyone to take care of themselves and their families, so please don’t worry if volunteering is not right for you at the moment.
Places must be booked in advance. To book email email@example.com or call 07709 404 431.
- Please note there are no public toilets in the woods. The closest public toilets are at Station Road car park.
- Volunteer numbers on-site will be limited due to Covid-19 restrictions and people will be asked to work in small, socially-distanced groups wherever possible.
- We will be walking on woodland paths and then on rough, uneven and sloped terrain.
- It will be a small friendly group and most people won’t know each other.
- Please note the car park at the Crags is small and often very busy, we recommend that you walk to the Crags car park where possible.
- Volunteer expenses are available up to £10 for private mileage or public transport.