On Sunday 27th June from 9.30 -12.00, get involved in this exciting opportunity to record the stunning Callander countryside in paint in a tutored step-by-step class with Blaeberry River Art from the top of the historic Dunmore Hillfort.
By the end of this 2.5 hour session, you will have created an A3 canvas to take home with you. The fascinating archaeology of Dunmore Hillfort and the beautiful surrounding landscape of the Woodland Trust’s Glen Finglas Estate will provide plenty of artistic inspiration. This workshop will be run by Fiona McKenzie Van Baardwijk (Blaeberry River Art), an experienced art tutor and evening lecturer at Forth Valley College: www.blaeberryriverart.com
This event is only possible thanks to funding support from Historic Environment Scotland. Thanks also to the landowners, the Woodland Trust at Glen Finglas, for their support.
Spaces at this event are free but very limited. Please consider the accessibility information and register your interest for this event using the form below. We will be in touch with you after receiving your note of interest. If you have any questions about the event, please contact Ross on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Priority for spaces will go to local residents of Callander.
- No previous painting experience is required or expected. All materials will be provided.
- The foot of Dunmore hillfort is located around 15-20 minutes’ walk from Bochastle Car Park, which has ample parking. The climb to the summit of the hillfort is a moderately challenging 15-minute ascent.
- A maximum of 8 participants will be in attendance. Social distancing will be in effect throughout and most people won’t know each other.
- Please bring along a foldable camping chair if you have one.