Join us for our river bank erosion project with Forth Rivers Trust at Little Leny Meadow. We will be using a green method to slow the rate of river bank erosion by building a brash bank which uses natural materials. You can read more about brash banking in our blog post here.
Our volunteer days will run from 10am-4pm on the following dates:
- Thursday 20th May
- Friday 21st May
- Monday 24th May
- Tuesday 25th May
- Wednesday 26th May
Over these days volunteers will help Forth Rivers Trust staff construct the brash bank, which will involve putting in timber posts, weaving willow and adding brash. Some of the tasks may be strenuous and it will involve working on the river bank and in the water as well. PPE will be provided for you to use; waders, hard hats, life vests, gloves etc. If there are high water levels or any flooding issues then the activity will be rescheduled.
We will have a Covid-19 risk assessment in place alongside the task risk assessment, which will be emailed to volunteers along with the joining instructions for the day. Some general guidance is guidance is included in the PDF document, link below.
Please remember that is up to each individual to decide if volunteering is appropriate for you at this time. We want everyone to take care of themselves and their families, so please don’t worry if volunteering is not right for you at the moment.
Places must be booked in advance. *Please note this event is now fully booked.*
If you would like to volunteer or have any questions, email email@example.com or call 07709 404 431.
- Volunteer numbers on-site will be limited due to Covid-19 restrictions and people will be asked to work in small, socially-distanced groups wherever possible.
- Priority for spaces will go to local residents (including surrounding areas) and those who can volunteer on multiple days.
- The site is a short walk from the Meadows car park approximately 10 minutes along the cycle path.
- This task will involve working on the river bank and in the water.
- The closest public toilets are at Station Road car park, approximately 10-15 mins walk.
- Travel expenses are available for volunteers for private mileage or public transport up to £10 per day.